Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Scout and MC Donald-The Link

Well, this post came out after someone keep on nagging me to update my blog=.=...haa...Felicia...now i updated my blog already, happy le mou? hee^^

Scout, oh perhaps it's the glorious moment in my life. I'll never gonna forget how it's changed me from a super introverd+nerdy little "boy" to a hyperactive and outgoing guy. Everything started in year 2002.

Yup, that time i was in form one. As a new student,we must fill in a form regarding which association you're interested in. Hohoho~ without any hesitation, i put "scout"as my badan beruniform although i didn't know anythig about it. I mean EVERYTHING!!!What's the uniform looks like, who's the stupid pengerusi, who's the teacher in charge, what it's about... (plus got lenglui or not..^^hiak hiak) So, that's my choice, and throughout the whole form one i was a "dormant" type of member.

Then, everything started in 2003. One day during recess time, i was in the basketball court of my school and doing nothing. Suddently a hand hold my shoulder from the back and i turned my head. It was Mr Tong Tian Jun, my primary school's classmate and he says"Yo Bro,we got a scout gathering this saturday and if you attend, you get a badge, a member badge for scout!". "Erm I think..." I was hesitating at that moment."No need to hesitate one la Bro, why you so MAHUAN one, just come la!". He just threw these words at me and walked away. Opps, I've out of choices, so i just attend the gathering.

I remembered i reach my school at eight in the morning that day. After fifteen minutes, our senior gathered us and lead us to a classroom. Okay! "The founder of scout is Lord Baden-Powell, his wife, Olave St Clair Soames is the founder of Girl's scout and bla bla bla.."Zzz...These are so boring wei. "This gathering sucks man, stupid Tong" ,I was scolding Mr Tong deep inside my heart. Then, the worst part come. Each of everyone of us was required to finish a "Log Book" regarding the member's badge. "What! Are you serious, I still have whole stack of unfinished homework in my house and you all call me here to waste my time!"I've no choice, but to follow the order. After that, we had some basic marching training.

So, two weeks later, I've got my first badge in my life-Lencana Keahlian( Scout's Member Badge) and I feel as happy as a LARK wei! And I remembered my senior insisted,"once scout, forever scout!"So, now I'm a scout, a member of Selangor 51'st Scout Movement. Woohoo!!
So, now what i need to do is buy a uniform and stitch the badge on. *This is my first ever bagde in my life^^Scout's Member Badge
*And I'm under Selangor's state 51'st Scout Movement!

So now i know that 51'st scout movement is organise and keep in charge by a team of young senior.Hee...And we're quite close to each other at that time. Few months later, they organised a scout camp with nearby school-SMK SASS (SMK Sultan Abdul Samad something^^haha). And a scout type of "exam" will be held and Lencana Usaha will be given. Too bad, I attended that camp. And i met lots of friend there, particularly a girl that i called her as sister later on. And so sad, she ran away from home in year 2004.What teared my heart apart is that the moment i knew about it, I was holding a birthday present and standing in front of her house. T.T ...CONTINUE!!! I passed the exam,and i get the badge-Lencana Usaha.Yet another milestone in my life!*My Lencana Usaha(This badge is the old version one)
*And this is my identity!^^

After that, I really really SEMANGAT d. I've learnt many types of knots and marching skills from my senior.Oh, and how to set up fire and cook too^^. Lemang, egg covered with mud and put into the fire,potato buried in the ground and etc etc...But among all these, the one that I like the most is what they call "roti lilit". It's dough twisted on a branch,which the outer layer had been trimmed, and roast it.It taste like Roti Canai and I remembered once I've added some eggs into the dough and it taste like Roti Telur!Hee~~

Early year 2005, I've participated in a "Ketua Patrol Camp" in Rawang with three of my schoolmates. Ya, we met some friends there but our friendship last very fast as we're seperated far apart. And I discovered that Dhana went to that camp too^^ High five Dhana! Oh, that camp is so important to me as we saw some scout's exhibition there and a photo frame with all the badges inside it impressed me. From that moment on,I knew that I want to have all these on my uniform one day!

Mid year 2005,my teacher called me and three of my friends to attend a scout camp at Batu Laut.Oh, three of them can't, so i went there with two of my brother's friend and it's not a big deal for me as I also quite close to them.So, we went there together and decided to sleep in the same tent.Oh hell,when i reached there only i know we need to pass up two Log Book at the end of the camp in order to get two badges, two badges for Pengakap Remaja. Hell, no way, I was still a Pengakap Muda that time and I'm not eligible, how? Nevermind la, just take it la.What worse is other people already finished their Log Book before they come to the camp. So, because we have to finish two Log Book in three days two nights, two of my schoolmates got pissed off and left the camp. And it was a misery! With so much torturing activities from early in the morning till midnight, and I still have to borrow other people's Log Book and copy.I remembered i didn't sleep at the first night and busy copying Log Book at a court(coz only court have light).Then second day, I remembered i finished them already.But I was super super sleepy.I remembered at midnight each of us have to roast fish and eat it and i fall asleep resulting the whole first burned! That's my supper! At the last gathering , I totally fall asleep though I's standing and Sir was giving briefing that time.I ended up with a girl from SMK Tangjung Sepat sent me back to my tent to sleep. And I was like a drunk guy, telling that girl that I'm not sleepy and still able to walk back myself...so ashame=.= At last, i got the two of the high-five badges-Lencana Jaya Diri and Lencana Kemahiran.


*I'll remember all the plight I've gone through in order to get them=.=

End of year 2005, a huge turning point in my scout "career". A guy came back to Banting and he's friend of our senior. His name is Mr Wong, a twenty plus year old guy with a baby face. He had accepted the request of our senior and lend us his helping hand in 51'st Scout Movement. And we discovered something together.51'st Scout Movement has never registered, and we are not valid members.But how come? We've summited our member's fee every year, suppose we are the members what! Oh, our money had been used to bought stuff for 51'st Scout Movement. Then what is 51'st Scout movement? From one of my school's teacher, a ex-scout,he told us this. " 51'st is not under our school. It's organised by a bunch of seniors ". But why sir...."Because our school's scout organisation has been banned by principal once,so they organised a Scout Movement themselves".Then we know, we are first batch of scouts after our principal decided not to ban scout movement anymore. "If you all willing to leave 51'st and come after , I'll willing to guide and help you all," says my teacher,Mr Lian. Okay, four of us, Cha Kwong win, Yong En Keat, Tong Tian Jun and me had left 51'st and joined our school's new scout movement,1o'th Scout Movement.So, four of us, a bad start huh, a school's scout movement with just only four members.How about 51'st? Mr Cha was once the president there, Tian Jun, En Keat and me held some position there too....Don't ask me, I don't know! What I know is that now Mr Cha is still the president,En Keat and me the Deputy and Mr Tong the Treasurer.In our Patrol,Mr Cha the head, Yong the assistant,and I forget me or Mr Tong, who is the QM already. hee~

So, Under Mr Lian's guidance,at year 2006, the member of 10'th Scout Movement had increased from 4 to 20+. Wow!What a miracle. Throughout the whole year, we've get many badges and we even attended a Selangor's scout camp in mid-year(which Dhana attended too)^^*The first badge I get from a camp!^^


*All the badges I get during form 4. Mr Lian is much more effective^^

So,what's the link between scout and Mc Donald? Haha...Now we go to the most interesting part!People will wondering, "Eh Beh, why you like Mc Donald so much har? I think Buger King is better le, Chili's is better bla bla bla".I think I'll just answer them," because Mc Donald is much more healthier!" Haha...One will never know till this post came out.Oh well, It was during end of 2006, where i participated my first ever national jamboree in my life. It was held at Ulu Bendul, a place I'll never ever forget in my life.Well, the jamboree is in Ulu Bendul Recreational Park,Kuala Pilah(a place where mud turtle's noodle can be found^^yummy!)and our camp site is-(dang dang dang dang) RUBBER ESTATE! OMG! IT SUCKS! THE WEATHER SUCKS!THE TOILET SUCKS!THE PLACE SUCKS!AND THE FOOD SUCKS!Okay, that is a 8 days 7 nights jamboree and guess what,it rains for eight days..Zzz....Okay,that is not a big deal.Then why it was sucks? Okay.The soil in rubber estate, when it mixed with water,it become MUD!!! Mud is everywhere! And rubber estate is like slope...HELL NO! And nobody wanna make "ladder" at the slope.Zzz..So as usual, i sleep in the same tent with En Keat and one night , a stupid guy wanna go pee pee at the middle of night and got slipped off . AND BANG MY TENT!!!!Oh pity little En Keat get knocked on his head.Oh pity little tent need to reset again!Zzz....What's worse is that at the second night,Mr Wong's tent(he sleep with Kwong Win) get waterlogged....OMG,the water is like 1 inch depth.Wow, Mr Wong was desperate."Hey,let's go to Mc Donald and stay there for a night!Seems my tent is not suitable for us to sleep tonight!" says Mr Wong. Stop, eh,but that is prohibited ler~~Not a big deal,Mr Wong have a car,so we went Mc Donald to have our dinner and of course,we sleep there,specifically, we sleep at the play ground of Mc Donald.Till the shopkeeper shu us off~~ then we sleep at Mr Wong's car....From that day onwards,Mc Donald has became my favourite burger fastfood franchais^^Because when 5 of us are down, we went there and stayed together^^hee Mr Wong, Mr Yong En Keat ,Mr Cha Kwong Win and Mr Tong Tian Jun,we slept together at Mc Donald wei!~~haha.So the truth revealed ,I like Mc Donald,because of scout ,because of our memories,because we were there before,so i love Mc Donald! I'm Loving it!!!!*These are my collection,some from india,and the middle one i begged an indonesian kid to exchange with me one..haha*And a SAKAI wogel

*All my Log Books^^
*This one is so special, I made it all myself^^
*This is the only photo I have, It's when we're going to help ppl do housechores one..haha..minggu kerja pengakap^^
So,what is this uniform stand for?This is my memories,the memories of my everyday in secondary school!So what happen when you put this memory on again?

WEI! SO CUTE WEI! haha~~
YEA,Keep on loving it!!!

3 comments:

Felicia Tee said...

hahahahaha! good one wor. not bad.. very effective. And i just nagged u once ok. hahahahaha.. btw it's kinda hard to read with that particular fontlo. CHANGE FONT!! XD

anyway i kinda regret coz i dint participate in any pasukan beruniform during my secondary sch years =[ got leng lui ar there? hahaha

pRinc3 jAck said...

haha...yalo..i'm very effective one...hee...where got hard to read o.It's just nice! haha...no hot chicks there..till now only i met one hot hot chick!!cl^^

Lynette ♥ said...

wah...ur post is super duper long lor..haha..anyway, nice post =)